'New mom' and personal care can never go hand-in-hand. Whether you are a 'new' mom for the first time or the fourth; the days and weeks following your baby's birth can be full of pressure and tiring; but also exciting and joyful! And in such days; plenty of rest seems to be the only make-up any new mom would ask for!
I am sure; we all have beautiful experiences and memories as mothers' to newborns; but the first year of our life with the baby is more tiresome than pleasant. Days seem to be better than nights. OK, we cannot spend lot of time for ourselves-once we are mothers,' but I believe; "Living in style is important for every woman in any situation."
When days seem to be gloomy, challenging and tiring for mothers; a little bit of personal care is the only thing that can help to uplift your mood.
"I am definitely not asking you moms to go out to the salon or get your nails done; while being away from your new baby. I am sure; it won't be as easy as it sounds. But a little care in looking good- while feeling tired and exhausted, can make you all- feel good!"Get up from bed; look yourself in the mirror and say it to yourself;" oh no! I look horrible! I must do something right now!"
But what and how? Would be your next immediate question.I am going to share few of my insights and experiences- as a 'new' mom. I will hope that this will make you feel better and beautiful from the inside than outside:)
"I am a new mother to a boy- for the second time; and I look horrible than my first-time motherhood. My little one is 5 months old now; but I still look miserable as: tired, with outgrown eyebrows, dry and rough hands and heels, no pedicure since two years:(... and still got a tummy that looks like five months pregnant. But I try not to feel low with any of these problems; still sometimes few emotions hit me-as ,"I look so not beautiful and presentable." I try not to compare myself (as always) with other 'new' moms; but again ......
Something I realized- I need to take care of myself-personally; just like a "woman."
Doesn't matter how you are looking from outside. What is important is-how you want to feel about yourself from inside.
I learned and started following:-
- I am still the same beautiful woman-who just need a little simple make-up to feel good about herself.
- After being a mom, all you can carry with yourself is a heavy overloaded diaper bag. So I decided I can still carry stylish, beautiful wallets instead of stylish bags (that's in my possession). So here's the collection of my favorite ones':)
- I hardly get time to even comb my hair before leaving the house; so decided will go for a carefree, messy bun style.
- Then decided to "frame my face;" by wearing stylish earrings-that will make my face stand-out-always-day-or-at night.
- Always you will find the above beauty essentials in my beauty box-that I carry it everywhere, like: face moisturizer (for day and night), powder foundation and brush, kajal kohl eyeliner crayon, mascara, eos smooth lip balm, lip glosses, and all-time wear favorite plum pink and or 2-3 dark shade lipsticks-that will help me to look better-even without any make-up.
- I also, always carry a hand cream.
- And pair up everything with a stylish watch.
Now, I don't complain about not having time to get-ready and look nice! Rather I carry my beauty essentials (everything) I may need to use anytime, anywhere.
Moms can have several reason to not -take care of their beauty and personal needs; but finding out ways to feel good- can open the doors of 'possibilities.'