Hello! December. Welcome to our life. And help us end this year with great spirit. It is hard to believe that 2017 is going to end in few more days! This year has been a wonderful year to me- in terms of success, learning, inspiring and touching some lives, and definitely improving myself.
"I want to start today's post with the wish that- may the year 2018 bring more success and happiness to all our lives. May there be more kindness, peace, and understanding all around us. May we succeed in achieving our dream, and in completing our journey of "self-discovery!"
"Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."- Winston Churchill
There's a reason I chose to write on this topic again today- 'passion.'
If you have been reading my blog; you will know that I always mention about passion and purpose in my posts. I believe anybody's life can be interesting and/or inspiring (to love and live) by these two driving forces- to live the "best" version of this life. And these wonderful books taught me exactly the same thing about 'living for your passion and never giving up!'
In all these years while pursuing my passion, I have learnt that, "one of the best ways to stay "hungry" and focused in your life is by focusing on your purpose; by creating a vision and working towards it till you reach your finish line. I was just living- aimlessly- until one day I discovered my passion of writing and photography- accidentally!"
I embarked on this journey of writing and blogging by accident, or I was born with these qualities; I don't know? But I know this for sure that these skills are gifted to me, and I feel a sense of purpose as I work to develop these qualities. I'm walking that vision with a mission to become an inspiration to many, some day!
I discovered few things about having a passion(s) in your life. Some are through my personal experience, some are suggestions from these wonderful books, and some are from the blogs and stories I read on social media ! I hope you find them helpful.
- If you're a student, first focus on your studies and alongside spend time honing your passion. If you happen to be in the middle of your career hunt- then first of all find a job for yourself. Be independent, and capable of earning for your expenses- then focus on your passion. If you want to turn your passion into your profession- work hard, give more efforts to your skills, and get on top of it - do it any ways! Create your own opportunities to reach out to the crowd outside your comfort zone and; be heard and be seen.
- Got lots of passions but no idea which one to focus on? Then try to pick the one that's your most favorite, and/or the one you are best at! Whenever I face this challenge, I try to categorize them into hobby's, interests, and a serious passion- that I would like to take it forward and make it my career
- Enjoy your passion when you decide to work towards it. Be serious about it and stop focusing on status and approvals.
"If your number one goal is to make sure that everyone likes and approves of you, then you risk sacrificing your uniqueness, and, therefore, your excellence." - Unknown
While you decide to believe in your skills, and work towards creating something amazing out of it; you don't have to look outside of yourself! We only need to appreciate the energy that we get from what we do, and stop looking outside of ourselves for seeking approval of our uniqueness and worth.
- "Passion is for the things that make you LIVE"- Read it on a blog.
- Passion is something that keeps your HOPE alive even on your tough days.
- Be unique in your approach. Choose your own path than following what others did, or made it to the top. "There's plenty of room for everyone; you just have to find your own unique way to get there. We're all unique people with unique skills, interests, and hopes, so it makes perfect sense that our paths would be unique, too. Don't be discouraged if your path is windy and full of roadblocks while your peers seem to be gliding along smoothly. As long as you keep working to move forward, you'll get to where you need to be, no matter what. You need to slow down, take a step back and keep to your own path." - Excerpt from book 'The Sweet Life.'
- Focus on your progress, not perfection. Keep moving forward and figure out the details later- The Sweet Life.
- Don't be afraid of failure.