We have the advantage of this ginormous freedom of “choices!” Don’t we? So why it is so hard to make ‘positive choices’, and to stay positive in our life? I often find myself pondering over this question. So how do we stay positive and feel more happy by inviting some positive energy into our life?
To stay positive means to know that, “I can see and feel the positive side of people, places, and circumstances.” A conscious acceptance to set our mind free of all the complaints and to embrace life as it is!”
This is our chance to do it; by choosing how we look at everything around us. How we perceive and accept things in our own life! Please remember: “Positive thinking is not for others as much as it is for ourselves!” When we anchor our mind and thoughts to see and feel the good around us, and to see the bright side of everything; we tune ourselves to fall into the habit of feeling positive, happy, and optimistic!
Just trying to feel positive only for that moment; will never make you a positive person! Living a positive life needs lots of Ps: Patience, Practice, Peacefulness, Purpose, Passion, Possibilities, and the Power of Gratitude.
Everything starts with the practice; and then stretches to having patience while living your purpose and bringing in peace to life, and keeping the doors open to possibilities and feeling the power of gratitude. It depends where and how you want to start! It is completely your decision; but make sure, the result is feeling ‘positively complete’ at the end of the day!
These days we read a lot of articles, news and stories on practicing positive thinking and having a positive attitude. Everything remains within, until we finish reading the last word; and then things go back to where it was before we started reading- and or thinking about the attitude, that needs to be changed! Even realizing the good and bad impact of our thoughts takes a back seat in our head and sleeps!
“I have experienced something strange yet helpful in my life: From the day I started focusing on the positive happenings in my life, I was less concerned about the negative things and reactions around me! I chose a purpose to stay firm on this new chosen path, and things started looking different for me. May be everything were just the same- but I had started looking at things differently-to say; in a more open accepting way, without faking the facts!”
Staying or feeling positive does not require any formula or defined theory-that you need to remember and apply in life. Rather, it is an attitude that gets better each day- with lots of practice and more efforts.
“Openness to accepting things and behavior- that’s not always favorable to us, but through positive attitude, you can develop the strength to accept what’s required, and to walk past what’s not; can help us better understand-how a positive person looks like!” I would like to share a couple of ways; I practice seeing the positive side of life and this is how I continued staying positive thereafter. I hope these will help you too:
- Set a conscious reminder that; “I want to feel happy today”-no matter how my day looks!
- Change your focus: Always look for what is right in a person or situation and ignore what is not right, as you can never change them. So better focus on the good qualities and good memories rather than worrying about their bad attitude!
- Find a purpose or a passion that can keep you busy in a productive way. This will also help you avoid unnecessary negative thoughts and reactions to certain behaviors.
- Be positively strong to face negative people and circumstances! Practice being peaceful and smiling all-day amidst the haters, and unhappy or inappreciable crowd.
- Stay inspired: anywhere you go or anything you do.
- Always live in the present and feed your mind with good quality thoughts: I am sure you would agree with me that,”people are too busy to know what you were, rather what interests them more now is; what you are today and what you are doing at present!” So be guilt-free and regret-free of your past or yesterdays’. Live for today! Nothing should shatter your objective of staying happy and peaceful; for yourself.
You will always find what you are looking for! So look for the good; and let good thoughts, good deeds and good life look at you! Leave me a comment and let me know how are you going to include more happiness and positive feelings in your life?