Despite all of your efforts, you may still feel sometimes that you aren’t enough, and you still aren’t the person you know you should be. I was so caught up in keeping myself busy; that I was afraid I had to let go too many things. But not being available to my kids and husband would be the last thing on earth I would ever do! They need me and my time- as family time is the most wonderful gift you’ll give yourself and to the society. “My kids are growing so fast, and I never want to miss these moments- rather be there for them all-the-time.”
I want to very honest in telling you that, “I am not unhappy because I have so much to do (I love keeping myself too busy), but I fear that time is slipping through my fingers and I am not doing enough of what I should be doing with respect to my passion. I want to do more and be more.”
Leading a life where we are more dependent about “being accepted or not,” is like living a life for others, and not for yourself.
“For most of us, our early life is mostly based upon how others want us to live, act, and react.” But as we grow we understand that it’s our life and we need to take full control of it. “We can’t always live for others. We need to live for ourselves too!”
“I have spent my early life waiting for approvals, and seeking validation from others; believing that your dreams and values are not that important, as it to act according to everybody else- than you! We must have a “pleasing personality” in order to stay grounded and being accepted in the society, family, among friends, and in schools and colleges.” But as I grew, I decided to create my limits; and not care what other’s develop an opinion about me! I will have a life of my own, rather than waiting for people’s validation of me.
People will often see you entirely differently than you want them to. No one, yes! no one will ever see you the way you see yourself. And as long as I’m creating a “beautiful me,” and not doing any harm to anybody in any respect; I guess, I must listen to what my heart tells me! I guess we’re all alike underneath the surface- longing to be in alignment with our true self, with our true nature, and with happiness and peace.
But after taking these tiny steps towards trying to understand every part of me have had dramatic effects on my life. I started seeing the I was longing for all these years. Hope you will find them useful too!
- Look in the mirror and ask yourself, “what would you like to do in your life, if you weren’t afraid of anybody and anything?
- Always remember: “You are unique. You are enough.”
- Accept who you really are! Be TRUE to yourself.
- Commit to being the BEST version of you every day.
- The more you FORGIVE, the more you’ll ENJOY being you. Trying to forget may be hard or even impossible; but forgive and shift any kind of the load from your heart and mind, and feel lighter and happier.
- Know and RESPECT your LIMITS.
- Practice staying Calm and at PEACE all the time.
- Stop HIDING behind the mask and know that it’s okay if people know about you. You can always control your life and people who enter your world.
- Anything or anybody that seems hard to control- let it go. We don’t need to control everything around us.
- STOP trying to FIT IN and start embracing your TRUE SELF.
Don’t change so people will love you, accept you, and include in your life. One day you will definitely get tired and feel frustrated of being “not you!” We hide our negative emotions, and weaknesses with the fear of being judged, not accepted, and not loved . Wanting to be accepted and longing to fit in everywhere- It’s so normal. Isn’t it? We all want that. And often we do everything we can to finally fit in and belong! But does that make you happy?
Do leave me your thoughts in the comments below. If this post anywhere relates to you then don’t hesitate to share your thoughts with me. Would love to hear from you and learn from you.