I was excited (and little sad too) to retrace my steps and find a little more about myself, and my journey so far!
It was hard for me to accept that, “people surrounding my life didn’t find me worthy, did not see me being blessed with some wonderful skills, and never noticed my talents.” We all long for appraisals. Don’t we? We share equal desires to we loved, to be noticed, to belong. I look back and realize that in my younger years I suffered from low self-worth. I always looked to others to make me feel worthy and loved, rather than finding myself enough.
Wanting to feel loved and liked is not an uncommon desire. We just need to recognize that we must accept and love ourselves first- rather than looking for it anywhere else!
Slowly but surely, I began to find the best in me. I silenced the voice in my head that told me I wasn’t good enough.
For many years I thought I wasn’t good enough and nobody supported me or believed in me.Through this journey of self-love I have realized – there’s so much goodness in it. The world will accept you and treat you when you show up authentically- with flaws and failures. When you show them how genuinely you have evolved through hate and criticisms, and how deep is the connection you hold with your dreams and desires.
Keep yourself in high regards. You are no less than anybody, and you are never powerless either. If you show the universe- you’re worthy of love, the universe will send you people who will love you and respect you as you so desire. When we tell ourselves who we are – is the kind of energy we put out to the world too!
When you truly love yourself, own your emotions, grow through failures and live a purpose-driven, passionate, beautiful life you are anchored towards self-love- you create a deep bond with your soul self. You start valuing your existence, no matter where you are in life! You no more
feel paralyzed by the fear of not being accepted.
Self worth is that illuminating reason in our life that helps us to understand- that we are all born with different qualities that fill us up, and make us feel alive and well inside.
These are the positive affirmations that I have been saying to myself ever since my acceptance (of myself) aligned with my purpose to believe in my path. I hope you find them helpful too to recognize your own worth.
- I will not let any status, look, degree, relationship, approval and validation, behavior; or anything else dictate my worth. I’m equally worthy of love and respect than anybody else in the world.
- I will continue to learn and grow.
- I will make mistakes. I will fail often. And I will use them all to create a path to tread on to achieve my dreams.
- I will do the things I can.
- I will do the things I enjoy.
- I don’t and will never compare myself to others.
- I am growing and changing for the better.
- I love the person I’m becoming.
- I have great ideas.
- I believe in my skills and abilities.
- I am an inspiration. I make useful contributions to the society.
- I radiate love, kindness, and authenticity.
- I’m committed to my journey- no matter what comes my way. I will never quit.
- Life is fun and rewarding when I’m patient.
- I appreciate everything I have. I live in joy.
- I trust myself. I’m confident of my skills and abilities.
- I am passionate. I’m enthusiastic and inspire others.
- I am focused and persistent.
- I am OK as I am. I accept and love myself.
- I am always growing and developing.
- I have the power to change myself- every following day.
- I surround myself with people who bring out the best in me.
- I have become an avid reader and a purposeful writer. I love who I have become.
- I strongly believe: It’s never too late to become who you want to be.
- Each day I notice I am becoming better than I was yesterday.
- I know I can achieve my dream.