Life’s (everyday) simple small pleasures are enough to brighten your day. We may feel happy to have obtained everything that a “successful life” demands; but the fact-value of such living can be very demeaning.
Life is “predictable” in certain ways like; when it comes to ‘making choices,’ and “best” decisions for our health and wellness. A simple life means,”creating the life we want to live.” And creating a simple life requires many healthy and better practices for ourselves. A little decluttering and clearing all the “messes” can help us see clearly- how simple our life can be!
I’ve always seen my life getting seriously complicated; when I take in too much of everything, and forget myself. I stress out completely. I run into “unnecessary” worries and let them stay with me. For me life would’ve remained just like this forever and ever; if I hadn’t taken few “necessary” decisions for myself and my family.
Doesn’t matter how much we avoid it, but due to many external forces (those make a part of our life like; friends, society, relatives, co-workers, etc) we end up living someone’s life. We are forced to act and do things that people expect of you. We add layers of complexity to our lives. Sometimes it can be avoidable; but many times it can be difficult!
A simple life may not promise you lots of friends, too many fans and followers, rich and famous lifestyle, or “you’re the best” title; but you’ll definitely have a healthy lifestyle, a happy home where you’d like to come back every evening after a stressful day at work or in school or college, happy cheerful kids, satisfying job that may be enough to give you all the necessities of life, and a peaceful happy living. Don’t you think we’re getting too much when we learn to make time for our life, when we know the simple tricks to simplify our life?
A “perfect life” never makes a simple life. It is always the effort we put in creating extraordinary living out of simple things available to us, makes a different life altogether. A life that is purpose-driven; and where there is lot of room to learn, share, live, and grow.
I’m ready to take on this journey of simplifying my life in every possible ways. Are you? Then come along and pick the ones that you think you can do. Ignore the rest!
1. Learn your habits– especially the unhealthy ones first and try incorporating some “new” healthy and good practices in your every day life.
2. Clean the clutter– any kind of chaos, stress, clutters; just make room for fresh, clean, and favorite stuffs! Giveaway or discard the rest. If possible spend some time alone every day and understand the reasons that’s causing clutters in your home, in your life, or in any relationships.
3. Always keep a check on your mindset and mood fluctuations– like your too much of indulgence in any kind of negative thinking or behaving responses; etc.
4. Have more laughs each day– either with friends, family or just all by yourself; but don’t spend a day without “laughing out loud.”
5. Don’t pamper and let grow your ego– remember, it’s okay to sometimes go back and say sorry. Accepting your mistake is a great way to simplify your life. It takes real guts to say sorry or forgive someone. Do it for yourself and drop those bags of guilt, anger, hatred, and humiliation. Make your life less regretful, and allow changes -that you have never even tried.
6. Mind your day– how we start our morning and spend our day sums up to how we’re choosing to live our life; like, how do you spend your day, what things do you do from the time you wake up in the morning to the time you go to sleep at night, if you worked on your priorities or not, etc.
7. Find some free time every day for yourself– and that’s when you do your “best” or favorite stuffs. If nothing, just relax, and recreate your lost energy, patience, and enthusiasm. You will be able to see things more clearly.
8. Love and be loved-by being with people who love you madly, unconditionally. Express your feelings and stay in heart. Keep your loved ones in your heart and thoughts; and take some time out for them, or with them.
9. Stay attractive and always in style- your “best” way.
10. Always stay connected with your inner self or spiritually.
11. Practice less judging and less expectations- Working on this.
12. Being more physically active.
13. Being happy with less.
14. Less talk and “do” more.
15. Complain less- working on this one as well.
16. Do every task of yours’ very slowly and carefully- paying full attention to what you’re doing, what you’re talking, what you’re listening, why you’re doing; or how best you can do!
17. Fill your day with simple pleasures.
18. Pay more attention to listening everyone than speaking your thought/reaction- I’m working on this one too!
So what do you think, how you can simplify your life, and or make it simple? Do leave me your thoughts. What would you add to this list? Let me know in the comments.