How to ‘Spring’ Clean Your House and Mind
While we are aimlessly walking through our days due to this unanticipated situation going around in the world, all “creative artists” are coming upfront to help you brighten your days with creative and inspiring photos, videos, podcasts, blog posts, artworks, digital pictures and arts, healthy habit tips, and what not!
I being a member of the creative tribe, thought of doing a different post this time to help you feel better. I know with all the crazy situation that’s gripping our globe right now, it is easy to lose our minds, but it is also important to stay calm, strengthen our mental health and make the best out of these overwhelming times.
Even though I am missing being out in the sunshine, and enjoying spring right now, I prefer staying home and spending lot of time with my husband and kids. I hope other people do the same too! Its time for slowing down and taking care of ourselves so that we can take care of others.
I would like to encourage you to think about some activities [creative, cleaning, organizing, sorting, decorating, deep-cleaning, or any kind of creativity] that can bring some peace and calmness to your crazy days!
Spring cleaning our house is a “ritual” that we all love doing. Isn’t it? The feeling of warm sunny days, and the thought about everything waking up from deep winter sleep is so magical!
Since we could not clean our outdoor this year, I decided to do a deep cleaning of our entire indoor spaces; every room, every corner, every places that we might not organize or clean daily.
When I came up with this idea, I had another immediate urge to do a deep cleaning of my mind too! I wanted to utilize this time to reflect on my own life , to keep myself calm, and to be mentally strong. I’ve been multitasking lately; from writing, reading lots of books, managing all my social media accounts with latest posts and pictures, blogging, photography, doodling for my store, to contributing articles and photographs to other sites. I love when I can keep myself busy working on the things I like doing the most; but sometimes it can get a little overwhelming and we might feel lost! So, it was time for me to stop and think, to renew my energy, and to preserve my sanity. Therefore, I decided to do everything I can to cleanse every corner of my mind.
Here are few examples of the things I’ve doing to make room for in my life:
- Reading self help and personal growth books that’s helping me to stay optimistic and more positive these days. A mindful way of dealing with our feelings is to face them, and to understand those feelings. And what else can be a better way than reading a book that can motivate you to stay aware, stay grounded, and to stay positive any day!
- Encouraging myself to get involved in mindful practices like exercise and meditation, watching nature and animal videos, listening to inspirational podcasts, dancing, singing, art & doodling, photography, etc. to revitalize body and mind, and to transport myself into springtime.
- Organizing books, and make-ups are one of the few inspiring ways I practice, to become more mindful and happy. A clear, sorted, relaxed mind can face big challenges, and can spark joy.
- Doodling and Photography are my favorite to-do-tasks, that I do everyday! I love spending time in creating new inspirations . If you have been following me on my social media accounts, you will know that I started creating ‘inspirational doodle arts’ from March 6th, 2020 and I post one artwork every single day to my Redbubble store
- Many of you know that I’ve been on my own journey of self-work, and a lot of it is about self reflection. “Time for slowing down and taking better care of ourselves so that we can take better care of others.” I’ve always been working hard to create self care rituals for myself and my family, and now I know the purpose why God took me through that path- to make me more aware of myself, and my purpose.
While this quarantine, fear, and suffering won’t last forever, let’s hope that we continue accommodating healthy mindful practices in our life, and stick to them, no matter what! Lets hope that some of the good habits and healthy rituals we create for ourselves lasts forever! But, first take care of your mental health; either by “cleaning”, reflecting, or by getting dressed in some stylish smart clothes, while you’re at home these days- working or taking care of the house and family; because that way we tend to feel more confident, put-together, and ready to take on the day.
I hope you’ll are safe and taking good care of yourself and your family. Here’s sending my hugs, prayers, some sunshine, and lots of happiness your way – no matter where you are! Please, take care. Stay safe.